Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Weddings: Les Tours de Culture

Okay, okay, we all knew this day would eventually come right? I have now taken pictures at over 20 weddings and I'm going to spend the next few posts talking about weddings, but not just weddings, their culture and that's my trump for keeping this blog topic about travel! :) To talk about weddings without focusing on the wedding itself and more about my interacting with every "Dearly beloved" day as a whirlwind of cultural documentation. 

Think about it, when else do you get to meet total strangers, find out how they met/fell in love, meet their entire family and extended relatives, share a meal with them, hear their favorite dance music, know their religious background, and meet each one of their best friends- all in ONE day?!! 

These occations included Greek, Italian, Irish, Indian, and Polish cultures. I am excited to reflect on their cultures with you- it has been quite a ride! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm looking for critics! What do you think of the Chelfoto Blog so far?