Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Portraiture


Oh sweet off-camera flashes, how I love thee! 
Let me explain so that you too can celebrate the brightness of this photograph. The element was taken in a dark basement with absolutely no lights somewhere far, far away in Nebraska (where the sun don't shine! ;) Well, at least the part about the lighting is true!  In my photography I am a big fan of creating contrast and the 430 flash is my new best friend! This image was an introduction to testing limits in no-light situations and after using the flash and I'm happy to say that it was a pleasant surprise! 


Here is a new face portrait for you to 'meet'. In challenging myself to take more shots of people, specifically their beautiful mug-shots, I'm finding a new interest in capturing the photo while in the process of talking to the person. As a life-long student of communication, the great thing for me is that it is a "both and" activity combining two wonderful ways to pass the time- creating photos and interaction.  My hope is that this concept is translated to the viewer with hospitality as both the subject and photographer are much less stilted and more inviting.

2 comments:

  1. Love your work! Next time Jen and I want our pics done, can you come to Texas??

    ReplyDelete

I'm looking for critics! What do you think of the Chelfoto Blog so far?