Friday, September 17, 2010

Up-to-Date And Running!


As fall kicks off, I feel like I've been running since July 25th photography-wise. What a whirlwind of updates! Just after my last post, I traveled to Haiti for 7 days as a volunteer. Our team had a wonderful trip, but it was hard seeing the current situation in Port-au-Prince and lack of progress since last January's earthquake. It was my goal to photo essay the people during their abrupt transition as their country was known as the poorest in the Western Hemisphere before this tragic event took place, and unfortunately there is still a lot of work and transition to be done. I will be hosting a gallery-fundraiser event in Chicago displaying some of the 900 photos taken to help a school and orphanage we worked with while in Port-au-Prince. The date is still TBD so stay tuned! One of my pictures from the trip was already accepted at iStockPhoto.com and you can click here to view the fallen Presidential Palace near the epicenter of the earthquake as a sneak peak before the gallery opening!


In other news, I've been 2nd shooting for some weddings lately and it is highly likely that some of them will start popping-up on the blog. Don't worry, the goal of exploration and bringing the uncommon into familiar light will always be number one in my picture taking, and these shoots are opening some great new spots and people to photograph. Tomorrow, there is a 5-location shoot in the city-should be interesting. Wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm looking for critics! What do you think of the Chelfoto Blog so far?