Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Light: Returning Challenges


So here I am, looking through the lens every-other weekend at weddings, running in between trollys, venues and equipment bags for something the bride forgot that would add the perfect touch, and last but not least, learning lessons about lighting...again (see previous post: "Light: Fashion, Friend, or Faux"). Many photographers have assured me that this is a life-long journey and even they took a long time to get the right balance for aperture and shutter speed settings to produce the clearest shots possible in addition to staying true to color and ambiance. This is no small task once you see the difference I assure you. Ignacio, the lead I worked with last weekend said some of the best advice that I've heard in while in saying, "just keep shooting". (click here to see additional pictures!)


Even though I still feel like young, wide-eyed observer in adjusting my pace to that of wedding photography (similar to this little guy above), it feels good to know that my pictures are improving and I'm starting to see positive results in my submissions. I'll just keep chipping away at the field of freelance and it is GREAT and much more rewarding than I could've imagined! So for all of you out there who can relate, just keep shooting!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm looking for critics! What do you think of the Chelfoto Blog so far?